Public-private partnership is one of the most important and universal mechanisms of attracting investments andhandling infrastructure problems.
It is necessary to implement the system of public policy to create additional mechanisms and incentives to attract private investment in public infrastructure (social, communal, transport, energy) under current economic and political conditions.
The PPP Development Center was set up in 2014 on the basis of JSC " Vologda region Development Corporation".
The main functions of the Centre:
• the initiation, development and support of PPP projects (including assessment of the feasibility, development of theorganizational and legal schemes of implementation, the preparation of the necessary documentation);
• search for and attraction of investors for the implementation of PPP projects;
• assistance in the PPP project management in Vologda region;
• assisting and advising the regional state authority, local municipalities on the PPP-issues;
• assistance in the organization of tutorial support (seminars, training, etc.)
The objectives of the Centre:
• development and modernization of public infrastructure of Vologda region by attracting additional investment;
• Improved interaction between the public and private partners to effectively address social problems.